Find your next Taquero! | Taco Catering Los Angeles
All taqueros and taco man catering services claim to be the best. This makes it difficult to sort through the many options available. But don’t worry, after reading the information below, finding and hiring the right taquero for your next event will be a breeze.
In order to find the best taquero in Los Angeles it’s important to identify your needs before the event so that you can be efficient with your time. Some of the things you should consider include:
- Your budget for catering and food costs.
- The number of guests expected, plus a few extra you may not expect.
- The location of your event.
- The venue’s limitations.
How to sort through the many taco catering options in Los Angeles?
When searching for a taco catering Los Angeles service you’ll learn that you have many different options. You can hire an independent taco man catering service, a Mexican restaurant that offers catering service, or even hire the hip new taco truck for the day.
You should always research whatever taco catering service you plan on hiring while keeping in mind that you want the highest quality of food and service for your guests. A good taco catering service should have:
- Business license and health permit.
- Carry an insurance policy of $1-2 million.
- User-friendly website that is recently updated and includes pictures.
- Friendly and attentive phone communication.
- Simple pricing packages that aren’t confusing.
- Convenient payment options including cash, credit card, etc.
How much does a Taquero charge for taco man catering services?
If you’ve checked out the different taco man catering services you’ve probably noticed that taco man prices range dramatically. The information below will help you compare apples to apples and understand exactly what is reasonable for your budget.
Typically, taco man catering services provide at least the following:
- 3 Meat or veggie filling options.
- Corn tortillas, cilantro and onion, jalapeños, limes, red and green salsa.
- Side of beans and Mexican rice.
- Plates, napkins and utensils.
- 1 hour of prep-time, 2 hours of serving time.
- 1 taquero and usually an assistant as well.
The rates vary primarily on the amount of guests that will be in attendance. The following are rough ranges on how much you can expect to pay for a taco catering service in Los Angeles with the options above.
Event Size for Taco Catering Los Angeles:
- Up to 25 People: As low as $220 and as high as $350.
- 25 – 50 People: As low as $300 and as high as $450.
- 50 to 75 People: As low as$435 and as high as $550.
- 75 to 100 People: As low as $480 and as high as $800.
- 100 – 125 People: As low as $590 and as high as $900.
- 125 – 150 People: As low as $670 and as high as $1100.
- 150 – 175 People: As low as $900 and as high as $1300.
- 175 – 200 People: As low as $995 and as high as $1500.
- 200 – 250 People: As low as $1150 and as high as $1700.
Be careful that you don’t get stuck with any hidden costs. Some taco man catering services charge a fuel or travel surcharge. Make sure that you discuss this beforehand and don’t agree to pay anymore than what you were invoiced, plus any voluntary tips for great service.
Some taco catering services offer add-on options like drinks and margarita machines, nachos, quesadillas; premium meat options like carnitas, fish and shrimp.
You can even find a taquero who will serve organic tortillas and grass fed beed upon request.
Taco Catering Los Angeles: Check References and Reviews
Be sure to do a bit of background search on the taco man catering services before committing to an event and sending your deposit. A great website doesn’t guarantee great food and service.
Ask the taco caterer for a list of references that you can call for feedback on their service. You’ll learn valuable information from these conversations that will help you decide on your next taquero.
Some taco caterers will even share pictures of past events to give you a better idea of how their taco catering service will fit with your event floor layout.
Sample the Tacos and Taquero before the event.
One of the best ways to sort through all the possible options is to sample before the event. By giving the taco man caterer a test-run, you’ll learn about the quality of food and the level of service that you can expect for your event.
It’s important to sample the taquero’s food before the event so that you can make sure you know how the food will taste and what to expect for your guests.
Use this opportunity to make any suggestions to the menu to suit your tastes including any allergy or dietary instructions.
Review invoice and make any additional requests.
Once you decide on a taco man catering service you should receive a professional looking proposal or invoice with the catering costs outlined for your event.
Make sure you to review everything carefully before you agree and make a deposit. Ask the caterer whether there are any other charges not listed in the invoice before making payment.
Use this time to make any additional requests from the caterer. Do you want the taquero and crew to wear uniforms to match your corporate brand or maybe you want them to match your wedding party?
These are the type of questions you should discuss with your taco catering service so that you can best prepare for your event. Make sure you discuss any details that you are unsure of such as contingency plans for weather, additional unexpected guests, tipping, etc.
Remember to confirm the arrival time for the caterer, if you can, have it stated on the invoice or proposal.