So you’re looking for the best taco catering in Orange County?
First of all, pretty much every taco man catering service claims to be the number one and sorting through the many options is exhausting. Luckily for you, after reading below, you’ll be able to hire the right Taquero for your event without a hassle.
In order to find the best taquero in Orange County, you need to identify all of your needs before the event so that you can make the best use of your time. Therefore, a few of the things you will need to consider include:
- Total budget for catering and food costs.
- Total number of guests expected, leaving room for a few extra.
- Location of venue for your event.
- Any venue limitations.
How to sort through the many options for taco man catering in Orange County?
When searching for taco catering Orange County you’ll learn that you have an abundance of different options. You can choose to hire a private taco man catering service, or you can hire a Mexican restaurant that offers catering service, or you can even hire the hip new taco truck for your event.
It’s especially important to research the catering service you plan on hiring. You should also keep in mind that you want the highest quality of food and service for you and your guests.
A good taco catering service should have:
- A current business license and health permit.
- An insurance policy of $1-2 million.
- User-friendly website that was recently updated and includes pictures.
- Friendly and thorough phone communication.
- Simple pricing packages that aren’t confusing.
- Convenient payment options including cash, credit card, etc.
How much do should I expect to pay for taco catering services?
By researching just a few different taco man catering services you’ll notice that the prices range drastically. The information you can find below will help you compare and understand exactly what is a reasonable price.
Taco man catering services provide at least the following:
- 3 Meat or veggie options.
- Corn tortillas, cilantro and onion, jalapeños, limes, red and green salsa.
- Side of beans and Mexican rice.
- Plates, napkins and utensils.
- 1 hour of prep-time, 2 hours of serving time.
- 1 taquero and usually an assistant as well.
The rates primarily depend on the amount of guests attending the event.
The following are rough ranges on how much you can expect to pay for a taco catering service in Orange County with the options above.
Taco Catering prices for events in Orange County:
- Up to 25 People: As low as $220 and as high as $350.
- 25 – 50 People: As low as $300 and as high as $450.
- 50 to 75 People: As low as$435 and as high as $550.
- 75 to 100 People: As low as $480 and as high as $800.
- 100 – 125 People: As low as $590 and as high as $900.
- 125 – 150 People: As low as $670 and as high as $1100.
- 150 – 175 People: As low as $900 and as high as $1300.
- 175 – 200 People: As low as $995 and as high as $1500.
- 200 – 250 People: As low as $1150 and as high as $1700.
Some taco catering services offer add-on options like specialty drinks and margarita machines, nachos, quesadillas; premium meat options like carnitas, fish and shrimp, etc. You can even find taco man caterer who will serve organic tortillas and grass fed beed upon request.
Make sure that you discuss this beforehand and don’t agree to pay anymore than what you were invoiced, plus any voluntary tips for great service.
Some taco man catering services charge a fuel or travel surcharge. Be careful that you don’t get stuck with any hidden costs.
Taco Catering Orange County: Check References and Reviews
Before deciding on a particular taco man catering service and paying a deposit, it’s important do perform a bit of research. A great website doesn’t guarantee great food and service.
The taco man caterer should be able to provide you with a list of references that you can call for feedback on their service. You’ll learn priceless information from these conversations that will help you decide on your next taquero.
Some caterers will even share pictures of their past events to give you a better understanding of how their taco catering service will fit in with your event plan.
Sample the Tacos and Taquero before the event.
Perhaps the best way to sort through all the possible options is to sample the taco catering service before the event. By giving the taco man a test-run, you’ll learn about the quality of their food and the level of service that you can expect the day of your event.
Use this opportunity to make any suggestions to the menu to suit your any dietary restrictions.
Review taco catering invoice and make any additional requests.
After deciding on a taco man catering service you should receive a detailed proposal or invoice with the catering costs clearly outlined for your event.
Make sure you to review everything carefully before agreeing and paying any deposit. Ask the caterer whether there are any other charges that are not listed in the invoice before making payment.
This is a great time to make any additional requests from the caterer.
Do you want the taquero and crew to wear uniforms to match your corporate brand or maybe you want them to match your wedding party?
These are the type of questions that you should discuss with your taco catering service to make the most of your event. Make sure you discuss any details that you are unsure of such as contingency plans for weather, additional unexpected guests, tipping, etc.
Remember to confirm the arrival time for the caterer, we recommend that you have it clearly stated on the invoice or proposal.