Find the best taco catering in San Diego!
So you’re looking for the best taqueros in San Diego?
You probably noticed that all the taco man catering services claim to be number one. This makes it really difficult to sort through the many options that are available.
But don’t worry because reading through the information you’ll find below, you’ll be able to hire the right taco catering service without any hassle.
So that you can find the best taquero in San Diego, you’ll first need to identify all your event needs so that you can be efficient with your and the caterer’s time. A few of the things you need to consider include:
- Your total budget for catering and food costs.
- The total number of guests expected (adjust for a few extra you may not expect.)
- The location of the event.
- Any event venue limitations.
How to sort through the many options for Taquero catering in San Diego?
When searching for taco catering in San Diego you’ll see that there is an abundance of different taco man catering service options.
For example, you can choose to hire a private taco man catering service, or you can hire your favorite local Mexican restaurant that offers catering service, or you can even hire that hip new taco truck.
Remember to always research the taco catering service you plan on hiring. Keep in mind that you want the highest quality food and service for you and your guests.
A good taco catering service should have at least:
- Business license and health permit.
- Insurance policy of $1-2 million.
- User-friendly website with recent updates and photos.
- Friendly phone communication.
- Simple pricing packages that aren’t confusing.
- Convenient payment options including cash, credit card, etc.
How much do Taqueros charge for taco catering services?
If you’ve researched just a few different taco man catering services you probably noticed that the prices range drastically. The information below will help you compare and understand exactly what is a reasonable price to pay.
Taco man catering services provide at least the following:
- 3 Meat or veggie filling options.
- Corn tortillas, cilantro and onion, jalapeños, limes, red and green salsa.
- Side of beans and Mexican rice.
- Plates, napkins and utensils.
- 1 hour of prep-time, 2 hours of serving time.
- 1 taquero and usually an assistant as well.
The rates depend on the amount of guests that will be in attendance. The following are rough ranges to give you an idea of how much you can expect to pay for a taco catering service in San Diego with the options above.
Pricing for Taco Catering in San Diego for events:
- Up to 25 People: As low as $220 and as high as $350.
- 25 – 50 People: As low as $300 and as high as $450.
- 50 to 75 People: As low as$435 and as high as $550.
- 75 to 100 People: As low as $480 and as high as $800.
- 100 – 125 People: As low as $590 and as high as $900.
- 125 – 150 People: As low as $670 and as high as $1100.
- 150 – 175 People: As low as $900 and as high as $1300.
- 175 – 200 People: As low as $995 and as high as $1500.
- 200 – 250 People: As low as $1150 and as high as $1700.
Some taco catering services offer add-on options like specialty drinks, margarita machines, nachos, quesadillas; premium meat options like carnitas, fish and shrimp, etc. You can even find taco man caterer that can serve organic tortillas and grass fed beed.
Make sure that you always discuss this beforehand and don’t agree to pay anymore than what you were invoiced, plus any voluntary tips for great service.
Some taco man catering services charge a fuel or travel surcharge. Be careful that you don’t get stuck with any hidden costs.
Find the Best Taco Catering San Diego: Check References and Reviews
Before deciding on a taco man catering service and paying a deposit, make sure to perform a bit of research. A great website doesn’t always guarantee great food and service.
The taco man caterer should also be able to provide you with a list of references that you should call for feedback on the food and service. You’ll learn priceless information from these conversations that will help you decide if a taquero is right for your event.
Ask the taco catering service to share pictures of past events to give you a better understanding of how they can fit in with your event plan.
Sample the Tacos and Taquero before the event.
A great way to sort through all the possible options is to sample the taco catering service before the event. By giving the taco man a test-run, you’ll learn about the quality of their food and the level of service that you can expect the day of your event.
Use this opportunity to make any suggestions to the menu to suit your any dietary restrictions.
Review taco catering invoice and make any additional requests.
After deciding on a taquero you should receive a detailed proposal or invoice with all costs clearly outlined for your event.
Make sure you to review the document carefully before agreeing and paying a deposit. Confirm with the caterer that there are no other charges that are not listed in the invoice before making any payment.
This is also great time to make any additional requests from the caterer.
Maybe you want the taco man and crew to wear uniforms that match your corporate brand or maybe you want them to match your wedding party?
These are the type of questions that you should definitely discuss with your taco catering service to make the most of your event. Make sure to also discuss details that you are unsure of such as contingency plans for weather, additional unexpected guests, tipping, etc.